Monday, July 6, 2009

Chicken Shortage

I had a right good chuckle the other day as I was reading the comments to my posts over at Adirondack Almanack. For the one where I was moaning about the invasion of Colorado Poatao Beetles, a delightful reader posted "You don't have a CPB problem...you have a chicken shortage."

How true, how true and how!

I keep contemplating chickens. And ducks (they are good for slug patrols). But I always run into the wall known as "housing." I don't have handyman skills enough to build my own coop, and purchasing one is SOOOOOO expensive!

And then there's the whole care in the winter issue! Sure, I could harvest them all and eat chicken all winter, but part of the joy of having chickens is having fresh eggs all year.

I'll have to keep pondering it, though...perhaps there are chickens in my future.

No comments: