Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Minerva Community Garden

I was early for an appointment yesterday, so I took some time to wander around the Minerva Community Garden. The photos are not great - it was overcast and raining - but you can see the wonderful layout they have.


Just about all the beds are raised and have boxes built around them. Several have integrated head- and footboards from various beds. What a novel way to build a trellis!
All the beds are very tidy.


I've never seen such tidy beds in a veg garden.


Lots of brassica family plants. Someone's going to have a lot of broccoli, or cauliflower, or cabbages. The bed in the back has corn - already over a foot tall!


Either they have a serious ant problem, or these are potato hills.

Last year they had tomatoes hanging from pergolas, but this year all the tomatoes I could see were in buckets. I wonder what they'll put on the pergolas this year.

No comments: